- London, SE1 7JH
- Commis Chef
As Chef for Elior you will be expected to:
• Support, organise, mentor and train members of the kitchen team as required in line with Company procedures.
• Ensure food preparation and control meets requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures."
• Support manager in maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
• Responsible for maintaining up to date product and menu knowledge, and maintaining a high standard of food preparation and presentation, ensuring portion and quality control."
• Be responsible for collecting and checking deliveries as required and placing them in the appropriate storage areas.
• Be responsible for ensuring high standards of cleanliness of all areas in the kitchen and of equipment.
• Provide support to other members of the kitchen and front of house team as required.
As Chef we look for the following:
• Certificate in Food Hygiene
• Experience in a kitchen
• Experience in producing high end food
• Skilled in working unsupervised
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £22,114.00, plus opportunity for overtime.
This role also comes with a workplace pension, life insurance (x2), 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 3 years' service. You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Business & Industry sites provide a superior catering service for prestigious offices, commercial centres and manufacturing sites, large and small, providing dining services in staff restaurants and managing food bars and coffee shops.
Whether we are creating a contemporary international menu or Britain's best loved classic dishes, we take great care to understand the tastes and dietary needs of our customers in every site.