- Ealing, W5 5RF
- Commis Chef
With approximately 800 daily customers on site this is a site with opportunity for service and food innovation and creativity supporting the Head Chef in menu development.
Summary of Role
Our Chef will assist in preparation and presentation of innovative and high quality food in line with Company objectives and client requirements. As A Chef, you will be responsible for motivating the team to achieve Elior UK objectives. You will be required to work from a chef's theatre counter, breakfast prep, we would expect a good understanding on customer service. Making homemade sandwiches daily using fresh ingredients.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Chef you will
• Support, organise, mentor and train members of the kitchen team as required in line with Company procedures.
• Ensure food preparation and control meets requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures."
• Support manager in maintaining up to date product and menu knowledge, and maintaining a high standard of food preparation and presentation, ensuring portion and quality control."
• Be responsible for collecting and checking deliveries as required and placing them in the appropriate storage areas.
• Be responsible for ensuring high standards of cleanliness of all areas in the kitchen and of equipment.
• Provide support to other members of the kitchen and front of house team as required.
Knowledge and Skills
As Chef for Elior we look for …
• A passion for service: Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills. Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintains a professional image at all times. Able to advise others in a specialist area of expertise.
• A performance driven approach: Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
• Taking the initiative: Confident and able to motivate, influence and persuade others.
• Respecting commitments: Adaptable, whilst able to conform strictly to Elior UK procedures. Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion. Adhering to Client and customer promises and contractual compliance through delivering operational excellence within your teams.
Experience and Qualifications
As Chef we look for …
• Certificate in Food Hygiene
• Experience in a kitchen, an advantage
• This role is suitable for apprentice level
Salary £8.21 per hour rising to £8.95 per hour after a successful probation period.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Elior works in partnership with universities to maximise the quality of their student experience as places of both living and learning. We strengthen the competitiveness of our clients by making excellent value, healthy high-quality food a key feature of their establishments and we are innovative in our approach to modern eating preferences.