- Wroxham, NR12 8QN
- Chef Manager
Your key responsibilities as the Chef Manager will consist of:
- This is a hands on role with the Chef Manager taking the lead role in food production as well as overall management of the kitchen and catering team.
- You will oversee and manage the main Broadland High catering as well as 4 primary schools for which the food is prepared and cooked at Broadland before being delivered to the primary schools.
- Accountable for recruiting, inducting, training and supporting staff to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Edwards & Blake our customer and clients.
- Motivating and managing a team
- Controlling and managing a budget
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence at the schools where food is produced for.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
- Engage with clients, customers and residents
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Chef Manager include:
- Strong craft catering skills as senior chef
- Computer and admin skills required to manage a team and kitchen where processes are done via a laptop including bookwork, training, etc.
- Proven experience of successfully managing a team
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A strong team player
- Highly confident and positive
- Self-motivated and able to work well unsupervised
- Proactive with a ‘can do' attitude
- Contract Catering experience desirable
As part of your package, we are offering a good salary based on experience, and it is a school term time only role meaning you only have to work 39 weeks a year and get all school holidays off.
This role also comes with a
- Workplace pension,
- Life assurance (x2)
- Access to great discounts on high street brands
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
At Edwards & Blake we understand that good food is vital to life. We're a leading contract caterer and since 1998 we've put food quality at the heart of all we do with fresh, healthy, nutritious ingredients at the core of our business from day one.
We're passionate about great quality food, local sourcing, excellent service, driving innovation and delivering great value to our clients and customers.