- Urmston, M41 5TS
- Chef Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic Chef Manager who can deliver attractive and wholesome food for one of our exciting new High End Independent Living Homes.
This person must have an eye for detail, financial capability to achieve Sales, GP and Labour targets. Have the ability to satisfy client requests and manage a team. Good communication and organisational skills are essential.
Manchester Urmston M41 5TS
Summary of Role
Chef Manager will be responsible for sustained growth of turnover and net operating profits by effectively managing the kitchen and catering team and ensuring the delivery of culinary and customer service excellence. Responsible for managing a team to ensure delivery of innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and company standards to achieve and maximise set targets. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Chef Manager you will be
• Proactive management of catering team. Responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, customer and client.
• Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the ''Elior eXperience'' are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the service champion as appropriate.
• Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
• Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
• Accountable for innovative menu planning, and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
• Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
• Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customer and colleagues.
• Experience in a similar role
• Proven leadership
• City & Guilds 7061 or NVQ Level 2 in Catering for the Hospitality Industry
• A passion for service: Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills.
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Caterplus division is one the UK's leading catering services business specialising in the care and retirement living sector. We operate across a spectrum of establishments, including residential care homes, assisted living & extra care, independent living, Jewish and charitable communities.
Join the team and contribute towards making food one of life's real pleasures for the over 55 community in your area.