- Stewartby, MK43 9LY
- Chef Manager
Do you enjoy the catering industry and have experience in successfully leading catering teams? Are you hands-on and enjoy to be part of the service? We've a fantastic opportunity for a Chef Manager to join us, Elior UK - a leading contract caterer.
Elior UK operate across a diverse range of industries such as stadiums, offices, museums, schools, universities and care homes with plenty of career development opportunities. We are in a period of growth and there's no better time to join.
This exciting opportunity as a Chef Manager is based at a modern, growing College. You will be joining an enthusiastic team of 5 professionals and reporting into the Operations Manager.
This Chef Manager position is with our Taylorshaw brand, part of Elior UK, a leading catering specialist providing freshly prepared, healthy food to our students within primary and secondary schools and colleges.
Your key responsibilities as the Catering Manager will consist of:
- Ensuring proactive management of team on site.
- Accountable for recruiting, inducting, training and supporting staff to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, our customer and clients.
- Motivating and managing a team
- Controlling and managing a budget
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
- Engage with clients, customers and residents
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
- Proven experience of successfully managing a team
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A strong team player
- Highly confident and positive
- Self-motivated and able to work well unsupervised
- Proactive with a ‘can do' attitude
- Contract Catering experience desirable
Holidays pro rata as term time only, colleague pension enrolment and subsidised lunches.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We're driven by the knowledge that young people deserve - and need - the best food for their wellbeing
We're dedicated at Taylor Shaw to bringing all our resources together to provide high quality nutritious food that our young customers will enjoy while at school and in further education. And to ensuring it is served by caring, well trained and skilled people.
Join the team and contribute towards helping the next generation live a healthy life.