- Portlethen, AB12 4PF
- Chef Manager
Do you enjoy the catering industry and have experience in successfully leading catering teams? Are you hands-on and enjoy to be part of the service? We've a fantastic opportunity for a Chef Manager to join us, Elior UK - a leading contract caterer.
Elior UK operate across a diverse range of industries such as stadiums, offices, museums, schools, universities and care homes with plenty of career development opportunities. We are in a period of growth and there's no better time to join.
This exciting opportunity as a Chef Manager is based at our sites in Portlethen. You will be joining an enthusiastic team of professionals and reporting into the Group Manager.
Your key responsibilities as the Chef Manager will consist of:
- Lead Heads of Departments to ensure proactive management of teams on site.
- Accountable for recruiting, inducting, training and supporting staff to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, our customer and clients.
- Motivating and managing a team
- Controlling and managing a budget
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
- Engage with clients, customers and residents
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
- Proven experience of successfully managing a team
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A strong team player
- Highly confident and positive
- Self-motivated and able to work well unsupervised
- Proactive with a ‘can do' attitude
- Contract Catering experience desirable
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £23,000 per annum dependent on experience.
Holidays 28 days (including Bank Holidays) and increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service, life assurance, colleague pension enrolment and subsidised lunches.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Business & Industry sites provide a superior catering service for prestigious offices, commercial centres and manufacturing sites, large and small, providing dining services in staff restaurants and managing food bars and coffee shops.
Whether we are creating a contemporary international menu or Britain's best loved classic dishes, we take great care to understand the tastes and dietary needs of our customers in every site.