- Clapham, SW12 8NB
- Chef Manager
Due to continuing levels of growth within our business, we are now seeking to recruit a Chef Manager for one of our premium care homes in Clapham south, London. This home offers full Kosher dining to its residents on site for 160 residents. We also offer dining in our staff dining room which caters for 70 staff and we host café which is open to the public .
In order to be considered for this role, you need passion, flare and a drive to offer the best possible service to your customers. Kosher knowledge is desirable but now essential to this role.
Your key responsibilities as the Chef Manager will consist of:
- Accountable for supporting in the recruiting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service.
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison.
- Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior experience are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the Service Champion as appropriate.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Accountable for innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future chef manager include:
- Proven experience in successfully managing a team
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- Strong Financial Management skills with a proven ability manage GP's and Profit and loss accounts to ensure the kitchen remains profitable.
- Proactive with a ‘can do' attitude
- Contract Catering experience desirable
- Able to create and implement economically sustainable solutions.
- Creates a culture of support and professionalism.
- Commitment to promote and foster independent decision making,and enabling individual and team growth by learning from mistakes.
- Strong role model.
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £40,000 per annum.
This role also comes with a workplace pension and 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Caterplus division is one the UK's leading catering services business specialising in the care and retirement living sector. We operate across a spectrum of establishments, including residential care homes, assisted living & extra care, independent living, Jewish and charitable communities.
Join the team and contribute towards making food one of life's real pleasures for the over 55 community in your area.