Chef De Partie
- Godalming GU7 2DX
- Chef De Partie
Your key responsibilities as the Chef de Partie will consist of:
- Support, organise, mentor and train members of the kitchen team in line with Company procedures
- Ensure food preparation and control meets requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported.
- Support the manager in maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
- Responsible for maintaining up to date product and menu knowledge, and maintaining a high standard of food preparation and presentation, ensuring portion and quality control
- Ensuring high standards of cleanliness of all areas in the kitchen and of equipment
• Ensuring food preparation and control meets requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures.
Support manager in maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
• Responsible for maintaining up to date product and menu knowledge, and maintaining a high standard of food preparation and presentation, ensuring portion and quality control.
• Responsible for collecting and checking deliveries as required and placing them in the appropriate storage areas.
• Reporting any issues with deliveries (i.e items missing, non – deliveries & damages) to the Stores Manager or Line Manager
• Responsible for ensuring high standards of cleanliness of all areas in the kitchen and of equipment.
• Provide support to other members of the kitchen team as required.
• Attending training as and when necessary
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from our future Chef de Partie include:
- Proven experience of working within a kitchen
- Excellent communication skills & a strong team player
- Outstanding time-keeping skills
• Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills.
Adaptable, whilst able to conform strictly to Elior UK procedures.
• Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintains a professional image at all times.
• Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
• Adaptable, able to maintain the highest quality of service whilst working within standard operating procedures and rules.
• Able to advise others in a specialist area of expertise.
• Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £23,500 per year , plus access to online training and various development opportunities
This role also comes with a workplace pension, life insurance (x2), 28 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service. You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Lexington is a team of vibrant and creative individuals who deliver excellent food and service, creating an environment where people can have fun and be the best they can at work.
Set up in 2002, Lexington is an award-winning contract caterer that puts people at the heart of the business. We have over 1,500 employees in our team and an enviable client portfolio in London and the South East of England.