- Consett, DH8 7GD
Are you warm, friendly and genuine? Do you enjoy working with customers? We've an excellent opportunity to develop a rewarding catering career with us, Elior UK - a leading contract caterer.
Elior UK operate across a diverse range of industries such as stadiums, offices, museums, schools, universities and care homes with plenty of career development opportunities. We are in a period of growth and there's no better time to join.
As a Chef within our Caterplus brand, part of Elior UK, you will provide nutritious and tasty food within the care sector including residential homes, independent villages and Kosher-care.
Your key responsibilities as the Chef will consist of:
Prepare and serve excellent nutritious meals, following the menu and recipe book.
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Ad-hoc duties to support the catering team and services
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Chef will include;
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A great team player
28 Holiday days including Bank Holidays, colleague pension enrolment.
As a Chef you are also eligible for Eye Care Vouchers. There is the option to purchase up to 5 additional days holiday. You can receive a range of discounts on EE Mobile Contracts, at Nissan Motors, AA breakdown cover and lots more offers on leisure and entertainment, gyms and restaurants.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.