- Basingstoke, RG21 4YY
- Catering Supervisor
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Catering Supervisor, you will be
• Proactive management team of 4, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service our client.
• Accountable for ensuring on-going team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
• Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks for front of house within budget.
• Accountable for innovative menu planning, and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
• Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
• Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customer and colleagues.
• Accountable for managing your sites P&L and budget.
• Support innovative mean planning and design of food service
• Proactive in managing the sites social media and customer communications.
• Ensuring quality standards of Health and Safety
• Opportunity to grow the corporate events and conferencing
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
For a Catering Supervisor, we look for the following:
• Experienced within contract catering, universities or catering front of house services with at least 2 years as catering in a leadership role ready for that leap in your career
• Smart presentation and style
• Proven leadership managing a small team within hospitality industry
• Strong communication skills to various levels of stakeholders.
• Passionate about hospitality and keen to progress
• A true people person who can engage with customers
• A natural leader who can drive the team
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Ability to demonstrate Commercial thinking.
• Strong attention to detail
• IT & Social Media with a flair for creative marketing
• Have qualifications in Food Hygiene, Allergens, COSHH, First Aid and Fire Safety, or willing to participate in courses
As part of your package, we are offering £9.38ph - 37.5hpw - Monday to Friday.
This role also comes with a workplace pension, life insurance (x2), 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service. You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Business & Industry sites provide a superior catering service for prestigious offices, commercial centres and manufacturing sites, large and small, providing dining services in staff restaurants and managing food bars and coffee shops.
Whether we are creating a contemporary international menu or Britain's best loved classic dishes, we take great care to understand the tastes and dietary needs of our customers in every site.