Catering General Manager
- Chichester, PO19 6PE
- Catering General Manager
Elior UK operate across a diverse range of industries such as stadiums, offices, museums, schools, universities and care homes with plenty of career development opportunities. We are in a period of growth and there's no better time to join!
This exciting opportunity as a Catering General Manager, is based at Chichester. You will be joining an enthusiastic team of catering professionals and will have two direct reports. With the core working days Monday – Friday, this role will certainly allow for a greater work life balance that is not often the case in the catering industry. You will immerse yourself into the close-knit University community and will be made to feel welcome from the moment you arrive! A prerequisite for this role is a driving license and car, as you will need to travel between the sites.
Your key responsibilities as the Catering General Manager will consist of:
- Lead Heads of Departments to ensure proactive management of teams on site.
- Accountable for recruiting, inducting, training and supporting staff to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, our customer and clients.
- Motivating and leading a team
- Controlling and managing a budget
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
- Engage with clients, customers and residents
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Catering General Manager include:
- Proven experience of successfully managing a team
- Have previous experience within a multi sited role
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A strong team player
- Highly confident and positive
- Self-motivated and able to work well unsupervised
- Proactive with a ‘can do' attitude
- Contract Catering or Hospitality experience desirable
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £35,000, per annum/pro rata, dependent on experience.
Holidays 28 days (including Bank Holidays) and increasing to 33 days after 2 years' service, life assurance, single private medical cover, colleague pension enrolment.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Elior works in partnership with universities to maximise the quality of their student experience as places of both living and learning. We strengthen the competitiveness of our clients by making excellent value, healthy high-quality food a key feature of their establishments and we are innovative in our approach to modern eating preferences.