- Milton Keynes; MK5 6LB
- Milton Keynes
- Catering Assistant
The position is available immediately for the right candidate. This challenging role promises good onward progression the successful applicant; you will need to show tenacity, ability to think on your feet and a passion for service. This luxury care village is a flagship site for our client and our commercial restaurant is the hive of activity for the residents. You will be joining a fun and dynamic team who pride themselves on high standards.
Summary of Role
Our General Assistants are responsible for greeting and serving customers in a professional, warm, friendly and genuine manner. Also responsible for preparing and serving a range of beverages and cafe foods in line with client requirements and Elior UK standards.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As General Assistant you will
• Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
• Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
• Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
• Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
• Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
• Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
• Maintain client and Elior UK confidentiality and security at all times
As General Assistant for Elior we look for …
• Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills
• Adaptable, whilst able to conform strictly to Elior UK procedures and operating procedures and rules
• Ability to establish strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintain professional image at all times
• Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion
• The ability to remain calm under pressure
Salary in line with minimum wage
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Caterplus division is one the UK's leading catering services business specialising in the care and retirement living sector. We operate across a spectrum of establishments, including residential care homes, assisted living & extra care, independent living, Jewish and charitable communities.
Join the team and contribute towards making food one of life's real pleasures for the over 55 community in your area.