- Chichester, PO19 6PE
- Catering Assistant
Are you warm, friendly and genuine? Do you enjoy customer interaction? We've an excellent opportunity to develop a rewarding catering career with us, Elior UK - a leading contract caterer.
Elior UK operate across a diverse range of industries such as stadiums, offices, museums, schools, universities and care homes with plenty of career development opportunities. We are in a period of growth and there's no better time to join.
This exciting opportunity as a Casual Catering Assistant is based at the University of Chichester. We have positions available at both the Chichester and Bognor campuses. You will be joining an enthusiastic team professionals and reporting into the catering manager.
Your key responsibilities as the Catering Assistant will consist of:
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Ad-hoc duties to support the catering team and services
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A team player
- Catering experience desirable but not essential
We focus on our colleagues and hold Elior Annual Awards Events, recognition schemes every month plus training and career progression through the Academy and Apprenticeship qualifications.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Elior works in partnership with universities to maximise the quality of their student experience as places of both living and learning. We strengthen the competitiveness of our clients by making excellent value, healthy high-quality food a key feature of their establishments and we are innovative in our approach to modern eating preferences.