- Surrey, GU7 2DX
- Cafe Assistant
To prepare a selection of hot/cold beverages, food items and confectionary and to sell them to the pupils, staff and all other customers in a professional & pleasant manner, to the required standards.
Ensure attractive presentation of food throughout the service and constant replenishment of the counters.
Till operation and stock counting is also required.
• Serve customers efficiently with food and drink orders and take payments.
• Assist in preparation of cafe and counters before, during and at the end of service.
• Offer customers amazing standards of customer service and care
• To clean equipment as detailed in the cleaning schedule
• To lay up and prepare the counters during the day
• To serve food to the highest standard and to adhere to the portion size as specified by the Chef/Manager/Supervisor
• To maintain an excellent standard of care to customers and clients
• To store equipment and food in the correct manner and area
• Taking and recording food and equipment temperatures by the approved method
• To check ‘use by' dates on food and using stock rotation
• To date label food items correctly
• To adhere to the cleaning schedule for all other associated areas
(For example, back of house, entrance lobbies to dining rooms etc.)
• To undertake deep cleaning as required
• To operate standards laid down by Elior catering at all times
• To ensure that the positive, pro-active customer care philosophy is followed at all times
• To adhere to the current food hygiene and Health and Safety legislation
• Cleaning of beverage machines and other machinery (training provided)
• To undertake any reasonable task as directed by the supervisor/line manager, within the post holders capabilities
• To attend training sessions when required to do so
Full Training will be provided
Working term time only 32weeks of the year + 4weeks holiday paid
40 hours a week, on a 5 out of 7 rota including Saturday shifts.
Good rate of pay, meals on duty and uniform provided.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Lexington is a team of vibrant and creative individuals who deliver excellent food and service, creating an environment where people can have fun and be the best they can at work.
Set up in 2002, Lexington is an award-winning contract caterer that puts people at the heart of the business. We have over 1,500 employees in our team and an enviable client portfolio in London and the South East of England.