Buyer - Non-Food
- Cheapside, EC2V 6JP
- Buyer - Non-Food
Your key responsibilities as the Non-Food Buyer will consist of:
- Conduct management for all categories allocated (including market overview, strategy and plan)
- Conduct tendering and/or benchmarking in line with category strategy/plan
- Carry out contract and pricing negotiations as required
- Ensure standard Elior contracts are in place for all suppliers, to include:
o Products / Services
o Pricing and review mechanisms
o Legislative requirements
- Ensure suppliers understand and are compliant with Elior systems and processes
- Effectively manage suppliers through regular reviews (KPI's / SLA's, innovation, sustainability, cost management and value chain analysis)
- Participate with the Group Procurement team to drive international initiatives within categories
- Engage with cross-functional stakeholders to identify business requirements and implement agreed supplier and product/service changes. Support company initiatives as required
- Monitor supplier deals in to ensure they deliver in line with expectations
- Communicate all changes impacting the business as required to include:
o Supplier/product/service changes
o Periodic market outlook reports by category
- Support Safety and Wellbeing team
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Buyer include:
- Negotiation / contract management
- Project management
- Commercial acumen & analytical
- Process orientated
- IT Skills – Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Communication – written and oral
- Degree & / or CIPS qualified
- Previous experience of working as a buyer 2-3 years
What good looks like (i.e. measures of success):
- Being able to demonstrate good category knowledge and overview
- Driving cost savings through category management
- Understanding business requirements and supporting with solutions
- Proactive supplier management and reviews
- Ensuring all contractual terms are in date and maintained
- Effectively communicating to the business
- Prioritisation and management of time and multiple projects
- Working as part of a team to drive best value
- Ability to identify and mitigate risk
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail
- Passionate about the role and approach all tasks with enthusiasm, dedication, professionalism and care.
- Actively engages with the wider team by sharing best practice, feedback and ideas
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £40,000 with KPI bonus entitlement
This role also comes with single healthcare cover, company pension scheme, life insurance (x4), 33 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
Our Head Office is based in Macclesfield and we have another large, newly refurbished office right in the heart of London where our CEO is based. Both offices are linked via good public transport routes. They are sociable and open spaces with fantastic restaurant / catering facilities. Lunch subsidies / free refreshments and snacks are offered.