Business Development Manager - Stadia and Leisure
- Ibrox, Glasgow
- Business Development Manager - Stadia and Leisure
The focus of this National role is new business. We are looking for true hunters who know the market and can make an impact immediately. You will be target driven, self-motivated and have a strong understanding of the contract catering market. You will be able to work closely with our Finance and Operational teams to write bids and use your insight and experience and win new business.
Your key responsibilities as the Business Development Manager will consist of:
- Maintaining and building up your knowledge of the sectors
- Network and research all invite to tender and work with our finance and ops teams to respond accordingly in a timely manner
- You will be responsible for proactively building and maintaining client relationships, anticipating their needs and be excellent in selling the capabilities and strengths of Elior in the most positive way
- You will be responsible for managing all tenders through the sales process
- You will have a strong understanding of the operational complexities met by operators in order to make our bids as realistic as possible and design an offering that allows us to be successful in winning tenders
- You will have experience in managing multiple tenders at any one time to ensure each remains within acceptable timeframes to convert
- You will be comfortable in managing your own activity on a weekly basis to ensure you develop a pipeline of business opportunities to support the achievement of your sales target for the year
- You will have strong commercial acumen and understanding of financial models used to cost out delivery
- You will be confident in presenting to multiple stake holders and in articulating our key USPs in order to maximise our chances of winning with prospective clients
- You will be experienced in weekly report writing to demonstrate your activities to our senior stakeholders and to ensure your activity is in line with the company's business objectives
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Business Development Manager include:
- Strong IT skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong understanding of the Stadia and Leisure sectors within the contract catering market
- Strong presentation skills with an excellent ability to keep your audience engaged
- Strong closing skills
- Excellent ability to maintain and build strong relationships
- Demonstratable experience in working through the tendering process to win new business
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £55,000 per annum plus sales commission scheme.
This role also comes with single healthcare cover, company pension scheme, life insurance (x4), 33 days holiday – pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector, with operations in over 6 countries, over 105,000 employees and 4 million guests served every day. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 10,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across over 1,200 sites.
We bring an inspirational new approach to the hospitality and food services at some of the most prestigious sports venues across the UK. Our stadia business opens up exciting opportunities all-year-round from match days, concerts, conference and banqueting facilities as well as sales and marketing. They are a great place to develop a career in catering and events.