Business Development Manager
- Business Development Manager
Elior, one of the major international contract catering organisations, operates in 16 countries and has 120,000 employees around the world. We serve 4.4 million customers every day in 23,000 sites. Within the UK, Elior currently rank within the top 5 contract catering providers. Our education divisions Taylor Shaw including Edward & Blake are currently one of the UK's leading specialist caterers in the education sector.
Operating throughout the UK, we provide freshly prepared foods that contribute to the wellbeing of young people in their learning environment. Our menus are modern and exciting and served by caring, skilful people. We work across the education sector with a strong presence in Primary, Secondary, College catering providing excellent, healthy food services that make a difference to our young customers and deliver sustainable value to budget holders.
To maintain our continuing plans to grow within this sector, we now have an opportunity for a talented and established Business Development manager to come and join our team. In this role you will use your hunter instincts to identify and convert new business opportunities into confirmed business.
This person will be responsible for ensuring that we retain all our existing contracts across a geographical location so someone with excellent people, relationship building and influencing skills is a must.
You will have a strong understanding of the contract catering sector and be able to work closely with our Finance and Operational teams to write bids and win new business.
As business development manager you will be responsible for the following
• Maintaining and building up your knowledge of the education sector.
• You will network and research all invites to tender and work with our finance and ops teams to response accordingly in a timely manner.
• You will be responsible for proactively building and maintaining client relationships, anticipating their needs and be excellent in selling the capabilities and strengths of Elior/Taylor Shaw/Edwards & Blake in the most positive way.
• Responsible for managing the sales process from creating first appointments to closing the sale. Assist operators in planning and delivering effective mobilisation of contracts, co-ordinating with relevant support functions.
• Responsible for supporting retention of key contracts, assisting operators in process, bid submission and presentations, co-ordinating with relevant support functions.
• You will have a strong understanding of the operational complexities met by operators in order to make our bids as realistic as possible and design and offering to allow us to be successful in winning tenders
• You will have experience in managing multiple tenders at any one time to ensure each stays within acceptable timeframes for conversion.
• You will be comfortable in managing your own activity on a weekly basis to ensure you develop a pipeline of business opportunities to support the achievement of your sales target for the year.
• You will have strong commercial acumen and understanding of financial models used to cost out delivery.
• You will be confident in presenting to multiple stake holders and in articulating our key USPs in order to maximise our chances of winning with prospective clients.
• You will be experienced in weekly report writing to demonstrate your activities to our senior stakeholders and to ensure our activity is in line with the company's business objectives.
The experience and knowledge that we are looking for from our future Business Development manager is
Strong IT skills
Strong commercial acumen
Strong understanding of the education sector within the contract catering market
Strong presentation skills with an excellent ability to keen your audience engaged
Strong closing skills
Excellent ability to maintain and build strong relationships.
Demonstrable experience in working through the tendering process to win new business.
Please be advised that any internal candidates applying for this role will be subject to the issuing of new terms and conditions of employment.
The successful candidate employed as Business Development Manager will receive a salary of up to £55,000 per annum. You will also receive commission based on the achievement of sales targets, a Bonus on the achievement of KPI's, a car, laptop, mobile phone, 33 days holidays including bank holidays.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We're driven by the knowledge that young people deserve - and need - the best food for their wellbeing
We're dedicated at Taylor Shaw to bringing all our resources together to provide high quality nutritious food that our young customers will enjoy while at school and in further education. And to ensuring it is served by caring, well trained and skilled people.
Join the team and contribute towards helping the next generation live a healthy life.