Business Development Executive
- Business Development Executive
Boasting impressive and up to date facilities, a diverse range of multi-function pitch-facing suites and executive boxes and inspired menus, Halliwell Jones Conference and Events provides a first class event experience.
Reporting to the General Manager/National Sales Manager, as our Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for ensuring sustained growth of non-match day conference and event turnover through proactive sales. Creating proposals, reports and sales plans to explain to stakeholders the direction of the business are also required on a regular basis.
Strong knowledge of the conference sector is a must with established links and networks within Warrington and Cheshire. You will need to identify remedial actions when challenges to agreed budget arise.
What will you be doing as our Business Development Executive?
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into confirmed business
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the venues unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Build long term relationships with existing and new clients
- Account manage conference booking agents and create awareness of the venue
- Raising the profile of the venue by attending local and regional networking events
- Work with and expand the prospect database within specific business sectors to generate effective leads and exceed sales targets for the business
- Adhere to all quality standards and processes for the acquisition of customers, opportunities and submission of proposals and contract documents
- Present to and consult with senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services, packages and distribution channels
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and expo's, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Cold call as appropriate within the local
What are we looking for?
Our ideal Business Development Executives will
- Act with honesty and integrity
- Treat others with dignity and respect
- Earn credibility and trust with key stakeholders
- Drive change and constructively challenges process and status quo
- Be enthusiastic and positive about future possibilities
- Enable others to act
- Set a personal example, following through on promises and commitments
- Effectively manage time and resources, meets deadlines and flags delays
- Actively seek opportunities to develop and learn
- Communicate openly and clearly both verbally and in writing
- Pitch information at the appropriate level
- Manage conflict effectively
- Be driven and determination to succeed
- Express confidence in own ideas and networks with others
- Set the highest personnel performance standards for self
- Be autonomous and self-reliant, working with minimal control and direction
- Gain commitment to action from a range of people
- Adapt quickly and positively to new situations
- Continue to be productive in uncertainty
- Accept personnel responsibility to make things happen
Salary - Up to £25,000 plus bonus
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We bring an inspirational new approach to the hospitality and food services at some of the most prestigious sports venues across the UK. Our stadia business opens up exciting opportunities all-year-round from match days, concerts, conference and banqueting facilities as well as sales and marketing. They are a great place to develop a career in catering and events.