- Edinburgh, EH12 5PJ
- Bar Manager
Are you an experienced Bar Manager? We've an excellent opportunity to develop a rewarding management career with us, Elior UK - a leading contract caterer.
Elior UK operate across a diverse range of industries such as stadiums, offices, museums, schools, universities and care homes with plenty of career development opportunities. We are in a period of growth and there's no better time to join.
As Bar Manager you will be responsible for motivating your team to achieve Elior UK objectives. Also for ensuring maximised efficiency of all resources available to ensure excellent service delivery in line with clients and Elior UK requirements within your area of responsibility.
You will take control and ownership of the Stadium bars, including customer service and cellar areas, within the overall policies and controls established by the company and General Manager, ensuring that the brand values and standards are delivered, and budgeted profitability is achieved.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Bar Manager for Elior you will be expected:
• Ensure the bars run smoothly daily & are adequately stocked with all necessary goods
• Responsible for supporting the “Elior eXperience” communication and for embedding the standards within the team supporting the service champion as appropriate.
• Responsible for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal relationships, management reporting and client liaison to support the delivery of operational excellence.
• Ensure the team has thorough and up to date product and service knowledge in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients.
• Responsible for ensuring that all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures.
• To manage and support the compliance of COSHH, Health & Safety, Hygiene and Food Safety regulations throughout the team and to report any incidents in line with procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining, ordering and controlling drinks stocks within budget.
• Possess a great customer service focus and be committed to delivering excellence with a fast paced dynamic team
• To plan and prepare match day build up schedule.
• Ensure cash procedures are adhered to and strictly monitored, including preparation and calculation of bar bills and cashing up of tills.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers and contractors.
• Working shift work and weekends, and bank/public holidays, ensuring prompt timekeeping and attendance.
• To positively approach sales opportunities in order to maximise sales revenue and exceed budgeted targets for the department
• To create and lead a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the stadium
As Bar Manager we look for the following:
• Previous experience in a management role is essential
• Enthusiastic and positive about future possibilities
• Sets a personal example, following through on promises and commitments
• Effectively manages time and resources, meets deadlines and flags delays
• Communicates openly and clearly both verbally and in writing
• Manages conflict effectively
• Expresses confidence in own ideas and networks with others
• Adapts quickly and positively to new situations
Up to £24,000 gross salary
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We bring an inspirational new approach to the hospitality and food services at some of the most prestigious sports venues across the UK. Our stadia business opens up exciting opportunities all-year-round from match days, concerts, conference and banqueting facilities as well as sales and marketing. They are a great place to develop a career in catering and events.