- Leytonstone, E11 1NR
- Assistant Manager
Summary of Role
To assist the General Manager with the day to day running of the business, and to cover in their absence.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Consolidation of accounts on a daily, weekly & monthly basis
• Accurate weekly & monthly stocktakes
• Weekly Payroll
• Managing a large team of people
• Building good Customer & Client relations
As Assistant Manager you will be
• Proactive management of catering and cleaning team. Responsible for supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, customer and client.
• Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the ''Elior eXperience'' are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the service champion as appropriate.
• Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
• Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control
• Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customer and colleagues.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and other computer skills
• A level of knowledge or background in finances would be advantageous
Assistant Manager for Elior we look for …
• Experience in a similar role
• Proven leadership
£28.000 per annum
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We bring a fresh and different approach to food services for visitors and staff in some of the most reknowned hospitals. We focus on customers first, on their needs and circumstances and provide a retail experience distinguished by warmth of service, and customer empathy. Join the team and be part of a service that gives back to our community.