- Bristol BS16 1EJ
- Assistant Manager
This challenging role promises good onward progression the successful applicant; you will need to show tenacity, ability to think on your feet and a passion for service. This luxury independent living village is a flagship site for our client and our commercial restaurant is the hive of activity for the residents. You will be joining a fun and dynamic team who pride themselves on high standards.
Summary of Role
Our Assistant Manager will be responsible for ensuring sustained growth of turnover and net operating profits by effectively managing the kitchen and the delivery of culinary excellence. Responsible for providing day to day culinary advice, innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and Elior UK standards to achieve and maximise set targets. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Assistant Manager for Elior you will be expected to:
• Proactive management of kitchen team. Responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, the customer and client.
• Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Elior eXperience are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the Service Champion as appropriate.
• Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
• Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
• Accountable for innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
• Responsible for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
• Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environment policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues.
As Assistant Manager we look for the following:
• A passion for service: Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills.
• A performance driven leadership approach: Creates a culture of results within a high pressured environment through inspirational leadership.
• Respecting commitments: Able to effectively listen, establishing trust and ensuring contractual compliance through exemplary leadership.
• Taking the initiative: Takes responsibility, is committed to achieving growth by creating a culture of innovation, adaptability and challenging the norm.
• Someone with previous Chef Experience.
• Experience in a kitchen of a similar size.
• Relevant qualifications including food hygiene, cookery certifications/qualifications.
• Experience working within a full table service restaurant.
Up to £10.30 p/h depending on experience
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Caterplus division is one the UK's leading catering services business specialising in the care and retirement living sector. We operate across a spectrum of establishments, including residential care homes, assisted living & extra care, independent living, Jewish and charitable communities.
Join the team and contribute towards making food one of life's real pleasures for the over 55 community in your area.