- Redcar, TS10 4AB
- Assistant Cook
As Assistant Cook you will be responsible for assisting with Cooking and food preparation, cleaning of food service, dining and preparation areas. Greeting and serving customers in a warm, friendly and professional manner.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Assistant Cook for Taylor Shaw you will be expected to,
• Prepare and cook dishes from a three week menu cycle
• Have excellent culinary skills.
• To be able to prepare and cook exciting dishes using fresh ingredients, for large quantities
• To be responsible for the Kitchen and Catering staff in Chef Manager's absence
• Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
• Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are applied regarding cash handling.
• Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
• Maintain client and Taylor Shaw confidentiality and security at all times
• Be flexible towards working hours, when required
• Complete all the necessary training provided in order to fulfil the role, this will include online training and assessment
• Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative.
• Innovation, Passion and enthusiasm
• Demonstrate confidence with enthusiasm and willing to learn
• A good understanding of Food Safety and Health of Safety
• Excellent customer service skills
• Previous experience in a similar role is preferred
35 Hours- Monday to Friday- term time only- (39 weeks)
Salary £9.00 per hour
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We're driven by the knowledge that young people deserve - and need - the best food for their wellbeing
We're dedicated at Taylor Shaw to bringing all our resources together to provide high quality nutritious food that our young customers will enjoy while at school and in further education. And to ensuring it is served by caring, well trained and skilled people.
Join the team and contribute towards helping the next generation live a healthy life.