- Wakefield, WF2 7LJ
- Assistant Chef
We are looking for an enthusiastic Chef who can Support the Chef Manager in delivering attractive and wholesome food for one of our exciting high-end independent living homes in Kettlesthorpe, Wakefield..
This person must have an eye for detail and be able to support the chef manager in achieving Sales and GP. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to satisfy client requests and work well as part of a team. Good communication and organisational skills are essential.
Summary of Role
As Assistant Chef you will prepare and present high-quality food in line with Elior UK objectives and client requirements. This is a fantastic opportunity for a chef looking to work in a high end environment whilst supporting the site manager and developing your own Management Skills. You will join a fun and dynamic team who pride themselves on high standards.
As a Chef you will provide support for the Site Manager, you will prepare and present high quality food in line with Elior UK objectives and client requirements.
You will be expected to attend courses to help the development of your own management skills, along with the support of the site manager
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Second Chef for Elior you will
• Support proactive management and development of the kitchen team in order to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, Customer and Client.
• Prepare and present high quality food in line with Elior UK objectives and client requirements.
• Support management with internal and external communications, effectively communicating relevant information to the kitchen team.
• Responsible for supporting the 'Elior eXperience' communication and for embedding the standards within the team, supporting the service champion as appropriate.
• Assist Management and deputise in innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets maintaining high standard of food presentation and ensuring portion and quality control.
• To support management in creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and innovative food.
• Ensure operational activities meet requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and employees."
• Assist Management and deputise in maintaining, ordering and control of food stocks within budget and using nominated suppliers.
As Assistant Chef we look for the following:
• Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills.
• Adaptable, whilst able to conform strictly to Elior UK procedures.
• Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintains a professional image at all times.
• Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
• Adaptable, able to maintain the highest quality of service whilst working within standard operating procedures and rules.
• Able to advise others in a specialist area of expertise.
• Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
• NVQ Level 2
• Experience in a similar role
Core Values and Behaviours
Because we believe that the whole experience matters at Elior we look for someone who shares the same values:
• Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
• Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
• Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
• Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
• Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Caterplus division is one the UK's leading catering services business specialising in the care and retirement living sector. We operate across a spectrum of establishments, including residential care homes, assisted living & extra care, independent living, Jewish and charitable communities.
Join the team and contribute towards making food one of life's real pleasures for the over 55 community in your area.