- Kendal LA9 4TE
- 2nd/Sous Chef
Following a detailed recipe folder to produce pre ordered food.
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure that all meals and accompaniments are cooked to the usual high standard.
- Some computer work will be involved, placing orders and stock takes along side the head chef.
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Ad-hoc duties to support the catering team and services
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Sous Chef / 2nd Chef include:
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A great team player
- Catering experience desirable but not essential
As part of your package, we are offering a starting salary of £12,000+ extra hours with some light travel.
No evening work.
Plus a great benefit scheme with vouchers from eye care to pleasure beach discounts.
This role also comes with a workplace pension and 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays). You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Our Caterplus division is one the UK's leading catering services business specialising in the care and retirement living sector. We operate across a spectrum of establishments, including residential care homes, assisted living & extra care, independent living, Jewish and charitable communities.
Join the team and contribute towards making food one of life's real pleasures for the over 55 community in your area.