- Cardiff, CF5 6XB
- 2nd/Sous Chef
Your key responsibilities as the Sous Chef will consist of:
• Support proactive management and development of the kitchen team in order to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, Customer and Client.
• Prepare and present high quality food in line with Elior UK objectives and client requirements.
• Support management with internal and external communications, effectively communicating relevant information to the kitchen team.
• Responsible for supporting the 'Elior eXperience' communication and for embedding the standards within the team, supporting the service champion as appropriate.
• Assist Management and deputise in innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets maintaining high standard of food presentation and ensuring portion and quality control.
• To support management in creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and innovative food.
• Ensure operational activities meet requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and employees."
• Assist Management and deputise in maintaining, ordering and control of food stocks within budget and using nominated suppliers.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Sous Chef include:
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A great team player
- Catering experience in both a retail and banqueting desirable
As part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £24,000, per annum/pro rata, dependent on experience..
This role also comes with a workplace pension, life insurance (x2), 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service. You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offers a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 120,000 employees and 25,000 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
Within our concessions business we continously develop our offer and keep ahead of competition through innovative catering and hospitality offers. Our concessions sites aim to make every customer experience memorable. Away from the standard 9 til 5, these sites allow for flexibility and offer real opportunity for growth in a hospitality career.